Friday, May 28, 2010

Future Generations will thank? us...

So, I went with my family to Wal-Mart recently, and since they renovated the property they put these cement pillars in front of the store to prevent vehicles from pulling up onto the curb in front of the store.



I got to thinking, "I wonder if we ever get our 'knowledge' of ancient civilizations wrong? And, if we get them wrong, what's to keep future mankind from mis-analyzing our civilization now?" For example; I wonder what the future mankind will think when they see a large husk of a building with a bunch of these pillars in front of it? I imagine they will hypothesize that it is a temple of a fertility god. (Hence the use of multiple phallic symbols.) And that our civilization in Ypsilanti, Mi worshiped a mans member, as there is a major monument in the heart of what used to be the city.

No comments: